Skolkovo is designed by the French bureau AREP Ville. Engineers from SETEC and landscape architects from Michel Desvigne have participated in the creation of the project, both also from France. The territory of the city is divided into five districts, all of which have their own curator.
For example, the southern district is D1, including the International Medical Cluster and the Mendeleev office district, the curator of which is Sergey Tchoban (the managing partner of the architectural studio SPEECH). Next, the Technopark district is D2, curated by Jean Pistre (head of the French bureau Valode & Pistre). The Skoltech area is D3 and it has two curators, Boris Bernaskoni (head of the architectural bureau Bernaskoni) and Pierre de Meuron (co-founder of the architectural bureau Herzog & De Meuron). The northern district is D4, curated by Yuri Grigoryan (head of the bureau Project Meganom). The central zone between D2 and D3 is called Z1, with the main guest facilities and the transport hub. It also has its own curator, Regnier de Graaf (partner at O.M.A.).
Technopark Skolkovo is Europe's largest technopark, featuring all the conditions for the development and growth of start-ups.
- The educational platform from the resident “YaKlass” is used by 50% of schoolchildren and teachers in Russia; the company has increased its revenue by 4 times in one year without investment;
- Group-IB Threat Intelligence, a cyber threat intelligence system, is recognised as one of the best in the world by Gartner, IDC and Forrester. The company also collaborates with Interpol and Europol for detecting cybercrime;
- Company Unim has created a cloud-based platform for the remote analysis of histologies by the world's best doctors in order to make or withdraw a diagnosis of a malignant growth. The resident collaborates with the British pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca;
- "Motorica" manufactures multifunctional bionic prosthetic upper limbs for the CIS, Middle East and Far East markets;
- "S-Innovations" is the only manufacturer of superconducting tapes in Russia. The company provides 20% of the global HTS wires market and the winner of the 7th National Industrial Award of the Russian Federation "Industry";
- Sputnix, a Technopark resident, is the first Russian private company that has launched a remote sensing microsatellite into orbit;
- Robots from the participant “Promobot” become educators in kindergartens, guides, as well as work in the MFC in Russia and its counterpart in the UAE. Furthermore, the company has invented the world's first dialogue system for robots capable of working offline;
- "Sensor-Tech" has developed the country's first neuro-implant enabling the blind and deaf-blind to regain their sight.